7 Mages

Forum related to fantasy RPG 7 Mages.
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:51 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:53 pm 

Hello, im glad that such game as Brany Skeldalu have successor (i dont mind that shitty game caled BS2). when i saw 7 mages on steam i must buy it because i like Brany Skeldalu very much and i want to support the team. Whole game was perfectly done, i can still hear cave music when i close my eyes. Graphics, music, story is top and i still like it, nice piece of work. But when i first run 7 Mages i was bit dissappointed. I know that must be a different game but this way? I miss that nice painted graphic, music specific for each part of land, nothing playing here(but i play only to first steps of 2nd floor). Even creatures are silent when u smash them. Money jumping from falling creatures....weird. BS have better spell fights. When i choose fighter with minimum magic points i can still deratize whole dungeon using fireballs without any backfire. These are my thoughts for now.

Please make this game better, BS like. At least the spells. BS draged me in at first sight, 7M has zero effect. :)

p.s. : sorry 4 my poor english

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:11 pm 

DonĀ“t get your hopes too high. Updates were promised immediately after Early Access release, but till today there was none. Zero. Nada.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:04 am 

Robin_WH, I suggest you check the video update you missed.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:39 pm 

Hi Guys, huge fan of Brany Skeldalu here, even supported the crowd-fund for Android port ;)

When I learned there is a successor (not counting BS2) couldn't be happier.

I can't say 7M doesn't have an atmosphere, it certainly does for me. The locations are well thought out. It's an interesting idea to add musical instruments which I take it were also meant not only as a gameplay mechanic but also to provide background music, but it doesn't work as consistently since you have to switch songs from time to time... (they could at least leave the Caredbar town music in, although I bet most of us can hum the tune by heart till this day :D)

What I feel is a little bit of a step-backwards is the inventory and character screen UI, but it might be cause by original design for touchscreen -who knows...

On the other hand I feel that the little-bit cumbersome inventory management adds to the User-Game interaction a bit more physical aspect, it's really part of playing the game. (not sure if that makes any sense)

Either way I really enjoy the game so far, even though it might be just pure sentiment ;)