7 Mages

Forum related to fantasy RPG 7 Mages.
It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 11:15 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:53 pm 

Hello I find it pretty confusing. Either there is a bug or there needs to be some more tutorial messages about what to do.
In the first dungeon there is a pressure plate. I wondered what can I put on it so the iron bars stay open. I found a skull. I tried to drop it on the ground by dragging it to the top left icon with hand in inventory. It was not dropped but hovered in the view like I was holding it in hand (equipped skull?). Curiously when I moved away from pressure plate it stayed activated! So I went forward, but the skull was still on me. Then I tried to drop it once again or something and the pressure plate suddenly deactivated. I believe I am now trapped with no way to get out. How should this work and what should have happened?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:59 pm 

When the item is hovering in the corner, it means that you are holding it in your hand. You can do 3 actions with item in hand:
- Click on the floor to drop it (it can be used to activate the platform)
- Click on upper half of the screen to throw it (you can also throw items through bars)
- Click on another item in the environment to use it (required in later levels to solve puzzles)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:50 pm 

OK, what about answering my other questions? ;)
- How could have been the pressure plate still activated if I did not drop the skull?
- Why did it deactivate once I returned skull into inventory but was standing several squares away from the pressure plate - I believe this is a bug to be fixed
- Am I now trapped and have to restart a game?

BTW when the skull was "in hand" I tried tapping the ground but nothing happened. Maybe I missed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:50 pm 

McVitas wrote:
- How could have been the pressure plate still activated if I did not drop the skull?
- Why did it deactivate once I returned skull into inventory but was standing several squares away from the pressure plate - I believe this is a bug to be fixed

Both these points look like a bug we haven't seen yet. We will try to reproduce it.

McVitas wrote:
- Am I now trapped and have to restart a game?

You should still be able to throw some item on the platform through the bars.

McVitas wrote:
BTW when the skull was "in hand" I tried tapping the ground but nothing happened. Maybe I missed.

There was a bug in launch version of the game that made it difficult tu manipulate with items on the same square you were standing on. It has been fixed in the first update (1.0.31019032), so I recommend you to download it. If you already have it (please, let us know with some details) or you see it in the PC version (not yet updated), you can do it from any neighbor square without leaning down, so the bug doesn't trigger. We apologize for the inconvenience.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:07 pm 

See the attached image - nothing on a pressure plate and yet it is pressed down.

Attachments:
BS1.jpg
BS1.jpg [ 167.34 KiB | Viewed 6677 times ]