7 Mages

Forum related to fantasy RPG 7 Mages.
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:08 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:24 pm 

Going to play through the new version and I'll update this post as I go.

Launcher
- Setting graphics quality to Extreme in the launcher always switches it back to Advanced for some reason.
- Apparently you cannot unbind any given keybinding (at least I didn't figure out how). I tried to do this because:
- Left and Right Arrows are bound to Vertical+ and Vertical- as well as Turn Left and Turn Right.

Playing 1680x1050, fullscreen mode, Advanced graphics, on AMD Radeon HD 7570M/7670M with a secondary LCD display.

Game bugs:
- Pressing (C) for character screen, then (I) for inventory displays all your inventory slots empty, even if you have some items in your inventory.
- The game is missing a keybinding to USE/INTERACT, so you still have to use mouse to press buttons or switch levers.
- Not necessarily a bug, but now when you open the action menu out of combat, you cannot move. Previously you could move with the menu open.
- In Crypt level 2, the gold coins dropped from the zombies disappear. It is caused by the "Fight has ended" animation, because it only happens when I fought a single zombie. If I fought two at once, the gold coins from the first zombie were visible on the ground while the drop from the second zombie disappeared. Saveloading or re-entering the level makes the coins visible again.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:05 am 
Site Admin

Thank you for very fast feedback!

To some points:
Quote:
- Not necessarily a bug, but now when you open the action menu out of combat, you cannot move. Previously you could move with the menu open.

Yes, this is downside to let player control combat by keyboard.

Quote:
- The game is missing a keybinding to USE/INTERACT, so you still have to use mouse to press buttons or switch levers.

We do not plan to do this at the moment because you always need to use mouse at the some points (picking items, organise them in the inventory, using them etc.). Make the game fully controlled by keyboard is very different task. We believe we provide same or more keybindings then our competitors now. Would you agree or are we wrong? This is attempt to serious and open discussion :-)

Quote:
- In Crypt level 2, the gold coins dropped from the zombies disappear. It is caused by the "Fight has ended" animation, because it only happens when I fought a single zombie. If I fought two at once, the gold coins from the first zombie were visible on the ground while the drop from the second zombie disappeared. Saveloading or re-entering the level makes the coins visible again.

Oh, it looks like champion in most idiotic bugs content. We check it and fix it asap. Did you start new game or did you used savegame?

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:46 am 

dragon wrote:
We do not plan to do this at the moment because you always need to use mouse at the some points (picking items, organise them in the inventory, using them etc.). Make the game fully controlled by keyboard is very different task. We believe we provide same or more keybindings then our competitors now. Would you agree or are we wrong? This is attempt to serious and open discussion :-)

I'll just say it's super annoying to play 7 Mages on a touchpad :)

Quote:
Oh, it looks like champion in most idiotic bugs content. We check it and fix it asap. Did you start new game or did you used savegame?

I started a new game.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:20 pm 

More bugs.

- You can still die in combat in the swamp. Probably related to this
Code:
* When you save position in the swamp and load it, you will not die now :-)

1) Have all chars stand in the swamp
2) Enter combat and move one of your characters.
3) The rest standing in the swamp will die instantly.

- Using Recovery song rank 1 on Dog after training his Charisma at the music teacher is somehow bugged. It drains mana properly until zero, but when you run out of mana, instead of stopping the song, it plays for another two "steps" of the song until the song ends.
During these two last steps, it actually replenishes your mana back to 9 for free. It doesn't happen with the main character, so here are some screenshots of the stats of Dog:
http://imgup.cz/image/MgF - normal state before going out of mana
http://imgup.cz/image/MgN - first "step", the song stops playing in next move
http://imgup.cz/image/MgB - second "step", song stopped playing, but my mana went to 8.
Now you have to make another move with Dog, that increases your mana to 9 for no reason and you can play Recovery song again, for free.

- During a multi-hit maneuver (like Multiple Slashes), you can turn your view with keyboard shortcuts (default Q E), causing you to hit two or more sides during a single maneuver. Since we already have another maneuver which hits the sides, this gotta be a bug.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:52 pm 

- Slave Giant's stun attack removes Armor buff on the stunned party member

- You can press R while being stunned to perform your previous action even while stunned (given that you have mana for your action)

- If you don't have mana for the action your character did last turn (Fireball), pressing R will pass one turn for the character.

- If you click two times on a portrait during a dialogue, precisely just before the dialogue asks you to select a portrait of a party member (for example when learning magic to 30), it is possible to open your inventory over the dialogue window.

- It is possible to cast spells that affect a grid (Web, Magical Disease, ..) into a different level.
1) Have Dog + Styn enter combat on the slave ship. When the turn comes to play as the main protagonist who is down a level, select to cast Web or Magical Disease, then press ESC
2) Main protagonist will skip his turn(s), but the selector for the spellcast will remain active.
3) Now you are on a different level and Dog or Styn have a turn. Select the grid with the enemy on the different level and the spell from the main protagonist will still be succesfully cast.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:31 am 

Now on to some gameplay issues:

I reached the Sea level and I'm getting huge FPS drops. I had similar framedrops when my party entered a source of light grid - lamp on the Slave ship or Torchlight in the Crypt. My specs are in the first post, and the issue was not present in the previous "mobile PC version".

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:38 am 
Site Admin

Some frame drop is expected but it should not be "huge". Can you try lower your graphic settings to normal?

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:03 pm 

Okay I did a series of tests for you. First one correction
Quote:
- Setting graphics quality to Extreme in the launcher always switches it back to Advanced for some reason.

I found out that the launcher has no effect on ingame visual quality setting, I had to control graphics using the "visual quality" slider.

1) Looking at the sea, 1680x1050 fullscreen
http://i.imgur.com/EoxvNnr.jpg
Extreme: 34 FPS
Advanced: 54 FPS
Good: 58 FPS
Reduced: 60 FPS (my framerate cap)
Standby: 60 FPS (my framerate cap)

2) In the sea, 1680x1050 fullscreen, using Moses rank 1
http://i.imgur.com/BwtllQr.jpg
Extreme: 13 FPS
Advanced: 28 FPS
Good: 40 FPS
Reduced: 51 FPS
Standby: 51 FPS

3) Crypt with torches, 1680x1050 fullscreen
http://i.imgur.com/omPYGVH.jpg
Extreme: 15 FPS
Advanced: 40 FPS
Good: 53 FPS
Reduced: 60 FPS (my framerate cap)
Standby: 60 FPS (my framerate cap)

These framerates were taken while standing still doing nothing, FPS fluctuates when I move, cast spells, fight, and the game becomes choppy.
I didn't have any FPS issues in the sea when playing through the previous mobile version on PC.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:41 am 
Site Admin

Thank you for this testing. It is very valuable for us!

Is the framedrop in the Seabed on Good quality acceptable for you or not?

We try to do something with it anyway, just asking :-)

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:41 pm 

I definitely prefer fluid gameplay, even at the cost of graphic settings. Going by steam page, my PC is slightly above the recommended setup, yet I can't record my gameplay because it's choppy as hell.

Here's someone who did a let's play prior to PC version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE1fqWcJEtY#t=84

And here's my try now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-g6Mwasdao
I reduced the screen resolution to 1366x768 for the recording, but it didn't help much.