7 Mages

Forum related to fantasy RPG 7 Mages.
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:42 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:21 pm 

Hi everyone,

today I have finished the game on Hard difficulty from the beginning and I really think this game is super cool. However I believe there is one logical flaw in the game that makes the game really simple and little bit boring in the end.

The speed (or quickness) in this game is the most important stat of all 4 characteristics. For example if your group has 3 actions per round and the enemy only 2 actions, you will be able to attact 3 times per each member of your group before the enemy reacts. In reality it should be like your members with 3 actions do one action each and then it will be 50:50 with the moster, because you have the same remaining actions at that round.

In the end, you use the most OP music in the game to increase your quickness and melt every monster before it can even attack...every fight is decided before it starts. For example I have never ever used healing or defensive spells / music for the whole game during the fight - only the speed one and experience one...

But nevertheless - this game is beautiful, full of logical puzzles and a lot of FUN :)

THX all

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:04 pm 

There is a music spell that makes your party always go first, even if you don't specialize into speed, so that's that ;)

For me the most overpowered thing is shooting an arrow that travels behind corners and picks off multiple enemies :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:54 pm 

You are right that there is a music which always let you be first, however this music do not double your action points :)

For example for the second half of the game I had all my team on 45 speed. Given 2 mages played the quickness music I had 6 actions per round on all 7 mages. It gives you theoretically 42 attacks per round. I had no enemy who could last more than one round exept the final boss who took 2 rounds to kill.

However in Skeldal 1 you had to put a lot of strategy to kill the final monsters - potions, spells, grouping... here you just speed up and kill :) But thats just my 2cents..

There is thread elsewhere here about more hardcore mode - I am In 100% for it :)

I also liked on Skeldal 1 that you had possibility to continue and finish the game with 3 or even less members of the group (more hardcore), here you just have to be in full party.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:08 am 

I remember the Tirokas and Dragons in Skeldal 1 being easy, all you had to do is buff up and kill ;) It was more interesting if you didn't have the Avalon Armor or Holy Knight Armor, since money management was actually a thing.

As for 7 Mages, I was trying to point out that people don't need to specialize into Speed and they can have a magnificent final battle lasting for let's say 7 rounds, instead of dealing over 9000 damage in one round as it was in my case.